Manual Is Not An Intuitive Tutorial

Frequently Asked Questions about YAWL

Manual Is Not An Intuitive Tutorial

Postby noalnak » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:30 pm

Hello,

I am a newbie in YAWL and currently using the Manual to understand it. I am looking at Chapters 3, in the hope that I can walkthrough the workflow creation process using the Editor and the web-app. I got lost following in "3.4.1 Modelling Resourcing Requirements", I cannot find the User Roles in the web app.....actually there is nothing in it. The Chapter does not say what example files to upload so that the reader can follow.

Can someone help me what is the best tutorial for YAWL that I can intuitively follow? Please advise. Thank you very much.

I believe the Manual need to be revised for "usability". One cannot follow the examples provided.

Best Regards,
Gerald
noalnak

Re: Manual Is Not An Intuitive Tutorial

Postby michael » Thu May 19, 2016 11:04 pm

That section describes how to create roles (on the 'Org Data' page simply by adding a name for the role) and then adding users to it (on the 'User Mgt') page. There are no predefined users or roles defined for that part of the manual.

If you want to work with a more comprehensive example, which does come with a predefined org model, please download it here: http://www.yawlfoundation.org/yawldocs/orderfulfillment.zip
michael

Return to F.A.Q.